Silence Please. Exams in Progress.

[Photo taken by: ben cooper –

Proficiency Exams are tests taken by foreigners to assess their knowledge of English, which may be required by some companies. Also, graduate students applying for a Master or Doctor Degree and people who are going to study abroad in a university or for exchange programs may also need them.

The main Certificates of Proficiency are: TOEFL, TOEIC, and the Cambridge ESOL Exams.

Check the sites:

TOEFL  – in English:

TOEIC – in English:

ESOL – in English:

ESOL – in Brazil:

More information on Exams for Foreign Learns of English can be found in Wikipedia:

You can find practice tests in this site: