Gostei bastante desse texto (“Demands of after-school life ‘affect family time’ “) da BBC News e resolvi fazer umas perguntas para alunos e professores de inglês poderem utilizar.
EXERCÍCIO: Exercício para praticar, melhorar e/ou testar sua compreensão na leitura de textos.
TEMPO ESTIMADO: aproximadamente 30 minutos
NÍVEL: intermediário a intermediário-avançado
Leia ou peça aos seus alunos para lerem o texto “Demands of after-school life ‘affect family time’ ” da BBC News e depois responda/responderam às perguntas.
Reading and Understanding.
Read the text “Demands of after-school life ‘affect family time” from BBC News, found at http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/uk_news/education/10113652.stm.
Then, answer the questions below:
- Why do some middle-class parents decide to take their children to several after-school classes and clubs?
- How can overloading children with extra-curricular activities affect children’s life?
- What is the ‘must-have’ culture that Mr Gordon mentions?
- What were children allowed and even encouraged to do at Mr Gordon’s last school?
- Were there many accidents while children were climbing a tree during the 8 years Mr Gordon taught at the previous school?
- Is the same thing happening in your country?
- If so, why do you think this is happening in your country?
- Do you agree that this is negative for the children and family?