How are you doing? I hope everyone is doing great. I am! =)
Vamos ver quando devemos usar “most” e “most of”? Seguidamente, escuto essa pergunta, então vamos aprender quando se usa um ou outro.
Use “most” com substantivos no plural ou substantivos incontáveis:
- Most students passed the exam.
- Most teachers spent their weekend correcting exams.
- Most women in the study ignored this fact.
- Most men have trouble remembering dates.
- Most chairs were blue.
Use “most of” com outro determinante (the, my, your, this, that, …) ou antes de um pronome (us, them):
- Most of us needed help.
- Most of the students staying in the classroom.
- Most of our customers use smartphones.
- Most of the menu choices are unhealthy.
- I spend most of my free time surfing the net.
- He can remember most of his friends’ phone numbers.
Até a próxima!